Q. What is ETA?
A. ETA is a 100% web-based training management system designed, by Talon Systems, specifically for the management of flying training. It is a system, accessed through a web browser, which offers training programs unprecedented tools for managing curriculum, security, student records, resources, flight following/operations, and scheduling.
Q. Why is ETA the best?
A. ETA is the best software available for managing your flying training program because it makes flying training program management more efficient, increases management effectiveness and reduces flying training risk.
Because the system is totally Internet based, there is no cost for loading software on individual computers. Hardware costs are reduced because the system can be accessed and used with average capability PC computers with any kind of Internet access including regular dial-up. Additionally, software update costs and time are greatly reduced because updates/changes/modifications are made quickly in one place rather than installing changes on multiple computers.
Managers can base decisions on readily and rapidly available accurate, real time data and all users of the systems are always using the same current up to date data. It ensures that all key personnel are on the same sheet of music and are making decisions based on having the “Big Picture”.
- Risk Reduction
ETA provides numerous “behind the scenes” cross checks to ensure the right student is scheduled with the right instructor on the right lesson with the right training resource at the right time. ETA Scheduling and Operations functions also ensure the instructor and student are available and have the necessary qualifications and have met applicable currency requirements to safely perform the lesson.
Q. Can data from my current system be converted or imported into ETA?
A. YES. ETA has an API designed for interfacing with almost any external or legacy systems.
Q. My organization has multiple locations. Can ETA support all locations while maintaining a single database?
A. YES. ETA is a 100% web-based solution that utilizes a single database. Your organization can view vital information from all locations in an instant!
Q. Can ETA track instructor and student requirements?
A. YES. ETA allows user defined currencies and qualifications that are tracked throughout the system and can be tied to course materials such as units or lessons. ETA provides real-time progress data for student performance. Am I behind in my training? Have I spent more than ETA initially projected? In addition, ETA provides managers with instructor performance data such as pass rates for assigned students as well as currencies and qualifications such as Medical, CFI, etc.
Q. Does ETA provide any helpful charts or graphs?
A. YES. New graphs are being added to ETA all the time! View some examples
Q. How does ETA interface with existing external systems?
A. ETA has an API, which allows it to exchange data with external systems such as Fleet Maintenance, Payroll, Registrar Systems, Accounting, and more.
Q. Is ETA AICC Compliant?
A. ETA can be made AICC (Aviation Industry CBT Committiee) compliant.
Q. Is ETA SCORM Compliant?
A. ETA is designed to be interfaced with CBT systems and can be integrated using the SCORM 1.1 OR 1.2 model.
Q. How long does it take to get ETA up and running?
A. This answer is different for every organization. We have had a flight school completely up and running using ETA in the span of 7 days! However, most schools require at least 2 to 3 weeks preparation before going live with ETA.
Q. What kind of training is available once I purchase ETA?
A. Once you purchase ETA, Talon Systems provides on-site training and initial implementation support for a flat fee.
- Assistance with configuring ETA to best meet your particular needs.
- Setting up curriculum and other data such as personnel, resources, security, etc.
- Talon Systems also is on-site for your initial go-live day(s). We want to make sure you are successful with ETA so we provide side-by-side, on-site assistance. This includes meeting and working with scheduling, accounting, operations/dispatch, curriculum developers, and management personnel to get things off on the right foot.
Q. How is ETA “Real-Time”?
A. ETA collects data as it is happening and that data is immediately available to all applicable users of the systems. Additionally, ETA provides real-time data for resource and personnel availability, flight following, scheduling etc.For example: When the schedule is altered, an email can be sent to all affected, outlining the new schedule. Also, ETA can be set up to send an alphanumeric message to your phone, pager, or PDA. Several sections of ETA are being augmented to include interactive wireless PDA capabilities!
Q. Is ETA user-configurable?
A. Yes. ETA’s Definitions component provides the capability to define labels, pick lists or drop down menus, presentation items such as colors, location parameters such as date and time thresholds or durations, and much more. The list below is provided to give you some idea of the types of user-defined elements ETA has to offer.
- Account Type – New
- Account Types List
- Account Types – Edit
- Admin, Refresher and Rental Types List
- Admin, Refresher and Rental Types Edit
- Admin, Refresher and Rental Types New
- Aircraft List
- Aircraft – Edit
- Aircraft – New
- Charge Codes List
- Charge Codes – Edit
- Charge Codes – New
- Class Types List
- Class Types – Edit
- Class Types – New
- Classes List
- Classes – Edit
- Classes – New
- Weather Conditions List
- Conditions – Edit
- Conditions – New
- Contract Resource Type Rates
- Contracts – Edit
- Contracts – New
- Contracts – Resource Rates
- Countries List
- Countries – Edit
- Countries – New
- (Curriculum)Course Minimum Edit
- (Curriculum)Course Minimum New
- (Curriculum)Course Minimums
- (Curriculum)Course Types List
- (Curriculum)Course Types – Edit
- (Curriculum)Course Types – New
- Crews List
- Crews – Edit
- Crews – New
- Currencies List
- Currencies – Edit
- Currencies – New
- Customer Reports List
- Customer Reports – Access
- Customer Reports – Edit
- Customer Reports – New
- Destinations List
- Destinations – Edit
- Destinations – New
- FIFs – Edit
- FIFs – New
- Flight Blocks List
- Flight Blocks – Availability
- Flight Blocks – Edit
- Flight Blocks – New
- Flight Information Files List
- Flight Types List
- Flight Types – Edit
- Flight Types – New
- (Curriculum)Grading Standards – Edit
- (Curriculum)Grading Standards – List
- (Curriculum)Grading Standards – New
- Groundings – Edit
- Groundings – Edit Display Name
- Groundings – List
- (Curriculum)Line Item Groups
- (Curriculum)Line Item Groups – Edit
- (Curriculum)Line Item Groups – New
- (Curriculum)Line Items – Edit
- (Curriculum)Line Items – New
- (Curriculum)Line Items Definition
- Locations List
- Locations – Parameters
- Locations – Edit
- Locations – New
- Login Alerts List
- Login Alerts – Edit
- Login Alerts – New
- Merchandise List
- Merchandise – Edit
- Merchandise – New
- Merchandise Categories
- Merchandise Categories – Edit
- Merchandise Categories – New
- Miscellaneous Activities List
- Miscellaneous Activities – Edit
- Miscellaneous Activities – New
- Miscellaneous Activities Currencies
- Miscellaneous Activities Qualifications
- Payment Method – Edit
- Payment Method – List
- Payment Method – New
- Payroll Periods List
- Payroll Periods – Edit
- Payroll Periods – New
- Person Roles
- Person Roles – Edit
- Person Subtypes
- Person Subtypes – Edit
- Person Subtypes – New
- Person Titles List
- Person Titles – Edit
- Person Titles – New
- Qualification – New
- Qualifications List
- Qualifications – Edit
- CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF THE LIST OF REASON TYPES – Reason – New
- Reasons List
- Reasons – Edit
- Registration Terms
- Registration Terms – Edit
- Registration Terms – New
- Resource Configurations
- Resource Configurations – Edit
- Resource configuration – New
- Site – Edit
- Site – New
- Site List
- State – Edit
- States List
- States – New
- Student Training Calendars
- Student Training Calendars – Edit
- Student Training Calendars – New
- Teams List
- Teams – Edit
- Teams – New
- User Field Labels
- User Field Labels – Edit
- User Type Display Names – Edit
- User type Display Names